User (or you): means any persons who is registered on our site, either by creating an account themselves or being invited by us or another user. In some cases another user (such as a system administrator) may create an account on your behalf and may provide your information, including Personal Information. If you are an employee of one of our customers and would no longer like us to process your information, please contact your employer.
Personal Information is as defined in the Privacy Act 1988 (Privacy Act). The Privacy Act defines ‘personal information’ as: Information or an opinion about an identified individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable; whether the information or opinion is true or not; and whether the information or opinion is recorded in a material form or not.’
Content: means any any data or information that you upload, post, submit, create, store , transmit or display in an on our website or SAAS product.
1. Collection of personal information and information you provide to us
General personal information: The type of general information we collect from all users of the website or SAAS product may include:
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; and
- your browser session and geo-location data, device and network information, statistics on page views and sessions, acquisition sources, search queries and browsing behaviour (General Personal Information).
User personal information: If you are a User, the type of personal information we collect may include:
- company name;
- contact details including email address, mailing or street address and telephone number;
- when you subscribe to our paid services, your billing details including address and postcode;
- details of services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, and our response;
- correspondence through support channels;
- preferences and opinions;
- additional personal information that you provide to us directly or indirectly through your use of our website or SAAS product, associated social media platforms or accounts from which you permit us to collect information; and
- any other information requested by us and/or provided by you (User Personal Information).
Content: We collect and store Content that you create, input, submit, post, upload, transmit, store or display in the process of using our our website or SAAS product. Such Content includes any Personal Information or other sensitive information that you choose to include (“incidentally-collected Personal Information”).
Though we may come across sensitive or Personal Information as we compile Usage Data from Content across user instances of our SAAS product, this is not our primary intention it is a byproduct of our efforts to understand usage patterns and trends across our user base. It is not a concerted effort by us to examine the Content of any particular customer.
Your use of our website or SAAS product: As with most online businesses, we may log information about your access and use of our website or SAAS product, including through the use of Internet cookies, your communications with our website or SAAS product, the type of browser you are using, the type of operating system you are using and the domain name of your Internet service provider.
Your opinion and feedback: We may contact you to voluntarily respond to questionnaires, surveys or market research to seek your opinion and feedback. Providing this information is optional to you.
2. Collection and use of personal information
We collect and use General Personal Information:
- for analytics, market research and business development including to operate and improve our website or SAAS product and associated social media platforms.
You may opt-out of receiving marketing materials from us by contacting us using the details set out below or by using the opt-out facilities provided in the marketing materials.
We collect and use User Personal Information:
- for provision of services to you;
- for contacting and communicating with you;
- to process your payments where you have signed up to a paid service on the website or SAAS product;
- to enable your access and use of our website or SAAS product and any associated social media platform;
- to enable you to create Content via the website or SAAS product;
- to notify you via transactional messages of updates and interactions with Content you have created, are assigned too or have interacted with via our website or SAAS product;
- to share relevant support and help documentation to you as per your actions on our website or SAAS product
- to enable you to share Content with users you designate;
- to allow you to export Content from within the SAAS product
- to run competitions or offer additional benefits to you e.g. extended trials;
- for our own internal record keeping;
- to prevent and address service or technical problems;
- to provide you with support services (if requested); and * for advertising and marketing, including to send you promotional information about our products and services and information.
3. Disclosure of personal information to third parties
We may disclose General Personal Information to:
- third parties to collect and process data such as Google Analytics, Intercom, AWS, or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia.
We may disclose User Personal Information to:
- credit reporting agencies and courts, tribunals and regulatory authorities where you fail to pay for goods or services provided to you;
- courts, tribunals, regulatory authorities and law enforcement officers as required by law, in connection with any actual or prospective legal proceedings, or in order to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights;
- third parties to collect and process data such as Google Analytics, Intercom, AWS, or other relevant businesses. This may include parties that store data outside of Australia; and
- third parties, including agents or sub-contractors, who assist us in providing information, products, services or direct marketing to you. This may include parties located, or that store data, outside of Australia.
Where we disclose your personal information to third parties for these purposes, we will confirm that the third party’s privacy policies and procedures are in accordance with the Privacy Act.
If there is a change of control of our business or a sale or transfer of business assets, we reserve the right to transfer our user databases, together with any personal information and non-personal information contained in those databases, to the extent permissible by law. This information may be disclosed to a potential purchaser. We would seek to only disclose information in good faith.
4. Your rights and controlling your personal information
Your provision of third party information: If you provide us with third party personal information then you warrant to us that you have the third party’s consent to provide this.
Access: You may request details of personal information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (Privacy Act). We may refuse to provide you with information that we hold about you, in certain circumstances set out in the Privacy Act.
Correction: If you believe that any information we hold about you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us by email or edit your personal information. We rely in part upon customers advising us when their personal information changes. We will respond to any request within a reasonable time. We will endeavour to promptly correct any information found to be inaccurate, incomplete or out of date.
Complaints: If you believe that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles and wish to make a complaint about that breach, please contact us by email setting out details of the breach. We will promptly investigate your complaint and respond to you in writing setting out the outcome of our investigation, what steps we propose to take to remedy the breach and any other action we will take to deal with your complaint.
Unsubscribe: To opt out of non-transactional or account-related communications, please use the “unsubscribe” link located at the bottom of our communications.
5. Storage and Security
We are focused on ensuring that the information you provide and content you create is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of your information and content, we have put in place suitable electronic, physical and operational procedures to safeguard and secure the information and protect it from misuse, interference, loss and unauthorised access, modification and disclosure.
Information transmitted over the internet cannot be guaranteed to be secure. We cannot guarantee the security of any information or content that you transmit to us, or receive from us.
6. Cookies & Web Beacons
We may use web beacons on our website or SAAS product from time to time. Web beacons or clear.gifs are small pieces of code placed on a web page to monitor the visitors’ behaviour and collect data about the visitors viewing a web page. For example, web beacons can be used to count the users who visit a web page or to deliver a cookie to the browser of a visitor viewing that page.
We may use Google Analytics to collect and process data. To find out how Google uses data when you use third party websites or applications, please see google.com/policies/privacy/partners or any other URL Google may use.
7. Links to other websites
If you do have any questions and want to get in touch, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org.